Press Release Writing Course Syllabus
‘Writing Powerful Press Releases’ is an online study course. Using a dedicated learning management system, this press release writing course teaches you everything you need to know about writing press releases in easy-to-understand steps. Enrol for the Press Release Writing Course now for just £49.00
- 6 comprehensive study modules
- 9 additional activities
- 6 online revision tests
- 3 self-assessment exercises
- 4 information downloads
Module 1: Introduction to PR
- What is PR?
- The importance of good press releases
- Is PR free?
- Online and offline PR
Module 2: Generating PR and selecting the media
- How to develop a PR mindset
- What’s newsworthy?
- Ways to generate PR
- Researching the media
- Targeting the media
Module 3: Writing styles
- Copywriting tricks of the trade
- The importance of fonts
- What is white space?
- Letter ‘cases’
- Text alignment
- Structuring your copy
- Tight copy
Module 4: The elements of a press release
- The importance of headlines
- What are the 5Ws?
- Writing in a logical sequence
- The spokesperson’s quote
- What are ‘notes to editors’?
Module 5: Writing online press releases
- Benefits of online PR
- SEO in a nutshell
- Using keywords in your press release
- What are links?
- Posting press releases online
Module 6: Distributing your press releases
- How to send a press release
- Tailoring press releases for different audiences
Learn how to promote your business today by harnessing the power of PR. The cost of this comprehensive press release writing course is just £49.00 – enrol today!